Primary/Secondary Education | Greater Boston Area, US
Professional Teaching Artist with a strong background in curriculum building, mentoring, and program coordination for Learning institutions. More Than five years of experience working in the Academic environment molding unchained artistic vision with stringent objectives and comprehensive functionality.
Specialties: Social media, lesson plans, arts instruction,
2012 - Present
Assistant Manager / Paper Source
2012 - Present
Final Cut Pro Teacher / Brookline Adult & Community Education
Teach and Adult Education course basic editing and asset management skills with Final Cut Pro.
2009 - Present
Artist / Kimieye
Solo Exhibitions: December 2011 Massachusetts College of Art & Design Holiday Art Fair, Boston, MA - Vendor October 2011 Somerville Halloween Craft Fair, Somerville, MA -Vendor (team show with Evil Atom) May 2011 Mass Market, Boston, MA - Vendor (solo) December 2010 Massachusetts College of Art & Design Holiday Art Fair, Boston, MA - Vendor June 2009 Allston Cafe, Allston, MA
Teen Media Program Coordinator / Community Art Center inc.
Created a unified system for student record keeping by adapting the EEC regulated system used by the Community Art Center's School Age program to meet the needs of the Teen Media Program. Digitized files by adapting out of date filemaker database for sensitive personal and financial information, as well as creating and maintaining a public google site with a gallery of student work and current curriculum for use by students. Mentored High School Interns in the production of the 2010 Do It Your Damn Self National Youth Video and Film Festival, including budgeting and execution of three days of festival events, and the curation and cataloging of over ninety video entrees from around the country. Budgeted and planned a two day trip to Westport Connecticut for 10 young adult participants to attend the 2011 Westport Youth Film Festival. Restructured and rebuilt the existing curriculum to be more viable towards ongoing technological advances in media, and to better aid in user comprehension.
Producer / Concord Carlisle Public Schools
Producer for High School Theater Department · Worked directly with department heads to create and develop student mentoring programs for design and execution. · Directly mentored a dozen student designers and aided them in all aspects of design, set painting and conduct in a professional environment. · Established repeatable research and execution methods to facilitate future student to student mentoring in the arts and theatre. · Oversaw the safety and fluidity of all student managed technical departments backstage during performances. · Managed academic support program for a diverse range of learning style in an integrated learning enviornment.
METCO Tutor / METCO Concord Carlisle Public Schools
· Provide academic support in all subject areas to inner city students who are part of the METCO program. · Managed academic support program for a diverse range of learning style in an integrated learning enviornment. · Often times had to interface and advocate for students with unique academic and extracurricular requirements and challenges · Directly responsible for the execution and continued development of program goals as set with the Program Director Alliance for Inclusion and Prevention, Inc
Team Leader / Summer Spot
· Lead a team of a dozen middle school students of mixed cultural and economic backgrounds in daily activities as well as off campus trips. · Planned and executed activities, which promoted youth team building and cultural understanding. · Facilitated gender based discussions to promote healthy open dialogues with girls who varied in age and background.
Alliance for Inclusion and Prevention, Inc. and Sugar Labs
Project Coordinator / Alliance for Inclusion and Prevention, Inc
· Liaised between Sugar Labs researchers and students in a multigenerational project aimed at debunking the Sugar on a Stick program, which is the operating system on the One Lap Top Per Child Program. · Facilitated in bridging the gap between first world providers and third world child computer users. · Reinforced the development and implementation of 21st Century Skills the student creation of tutorial videos for distribution online for a variety of ages, linguistic and educational background.
ASPIRE Lap Top Coordinator / Alliance for Inclusion and Prevention, Inc
· Organized interdisciplinary workshops that combined art, technology, cultural literacy and academic skills to augment student learning. · Managed and maintained $20,000 worth of computer equipment assigned for student use. · Coordinated with the Technology Office for greater ease in implanting programs. · Worked one on one with upward of 20 students in afterschool tutorial workshops. · Supervised Saturday Scholars Program.
After School Coordinator / CONSERVATORY LAB CHARTER SCHOOL
Managed the disbursement of funds and coordination of personnel for the school’s Harvard After-School Initiative Grant. Create cross-disciplinary lesson plans for a diverse K-5 mixed classroom. Coordinate partnership with MFA and Young Audiences with the support of the HASI Grant. Sole supervision of children after school hours.
Room Supervisor / MASQUERADE ENT
· Inventory · Creation of drape · Clerical work · Organization of Fabric room · Managing freelance staff on and off work site · Set up and Removal of Decorations from Venue · Supervising staff in high intensity and time constrained environments
Teaching Associate / Citizen Schools
Collaborated with administration and teaching staff to develop an effective model of academic support and civil engagement within an Extended Learning Time environment. Built and maintained an active community network by engaging parents with program teachers and school staff. Supported professional citizen teachers and aided in the development of curriculum for apprenticeships.
Workstudy Registrar's Office / Massachusetts College of Art
Aided in student registration, and participated in organization for both Registrar, and Advising Offices. Received working knowledge of administrative operations.
Seamstress Apprentice / FOOLS MANSION
· Cutting Patterns. · Assist with Fittings. · Pattern drafting. · Cutting Tailored and/or fit to order patterns. · Dressing room supervision. · Working with valuable and rare fabrics.
Madam Butterfly Research paper MIT Stellar Visualizing Cultures Course website
Photograph Jan 3003 Issue of Food Management Magazine page 43
Lights, Camera, Action: Independent Film and Animation Show 2007
"Girls" Sampson Projects Gallery
16th Annual Woods Hole Film Festival
Squealing Pegs 2007
On Deck 2007
Animation first annual All School Show 2007
On Deck 2006
Sophomore Film Video Show 2005
social media, new technology, interdisciplinary education,
My friend and I where noticing how many songs there are about kicking an ex out your house...So i made a list and the list goes like this:
if you don't come get your shit out of my house, I will:
1) be a diva
2)leave all your shit on the portch
3) set fire to your shit
4) total your car
5) kill you and bury you under the doubble wide
...I would like to continue this list so give me suggestions!
For hushed stories told in the back of bars. For the man found in the quarry just outside of town. For the note left at the sheriff's station without a signature. For adrenaline blacking out memories of gunshots. For dusty case files in forgotten storerooms. For wronged lovers and passionate pleas. For a single knife missing from the block. For secrets kept for a lifetime. For getting away with murder.
As usual this is a mix of modern music, oldies, and all around goodies. A Halloween mix.
"Lock your doors and turn out the lights, or ghosts and goblins will spook you with fright! Jump in bed then pull the covers up tight, close your eyes until the morning light!”
30 + actors singing covers* of popular songs including: Johnny Depp, Scarlett Johansson, Ryan Gosling, Jared Leto & Robert Pattinson...
If you have any suggestions, let me know I'll try and find it and put it on here.
*some are originals :]
You know that moment when you listen to a cover that's better than original? well? No one? anyway
these are some covers that I happen to like, but they are not necessarily better than the originals.
so this mix includes music by Mumford & sons, The National, Two Doors cinema Club, Noah And The Whale etc..
enjoy your summer folks!
and Happy Listening!!
"And I thought about how many people have loved these songs. And how many people got through a lot of bad times because of those songs. And how many people enjoyed good times with those songs. And how much those songs really mean. I bet if I wrote one of them, I would be very proud. I hope the people who wrote those songs are happy. I hope that they feel it's enough. I really do because they've made me happy. And I'm only one person."
-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
A collection of drinking songs that will boost your spirits and not have you sobbing at the bottom of your glass.
-For people who like those old delta blues guitars, boastful drinking chants and the touch of a chilled glass of your favorite bottle.
08/29/12: Updated 32 Tracks
To get you in the mood for a scary party or for carving up hapless pumpkins, you monster...
Twenty-three tracks including music by Bobby "Boris" Pickett & the Cryptkickers, DJ Shadow and Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Elvira's putting on her red lipstique, coming along with @bulettenpaule - and on their way they picked up some good ole friends to rock leiwandesk's Bötzowbaude tonight.
Their vinyl macabre show will feature 13 oldies but ghoulies including music by Boris Pickett, Dickie Goodman and Bollock Brothers. But when it's over and they've had all their fun they'll wish that Halloween had just begun...
Kimieye my middle name comes to me from my Japanese grandmother. When I was choosing a name for my business I wanted something that spoke to my mixed heritage but was also uniquely mine.
After being raised in Salem, Ma (The Witch City). I spent my late teens and early twenties on my own haunting the decaying mansions & student ghettos of Allston with horror punks and burlesque girls.
After graduating from The Massachusetts College Of Art and Design with a Degree focusing on traditional handmade stop motion, I began working with the Bad Ass Kids of Boston and Cambridge. Arming them with both Crafts and Cameras I also tried to Socratically hone their minds and have facilitated workshops on everything from a boys knitting group to a critical analysis of gender and racial tensions in slasher films.
I am currently working on my own projects in Brighton, MA with my live in musician, a hateful yellow cat & a staggering amount of library books both overdue and otherwise.
Primarily a Cut Paper Artist I make my work by hand drawing out every unique illustration on black paper and cutting them out with an exact o blade